Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leave hidden a folder wich webis used from Dashboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisbril

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2012
BR
We have a following folder structure in the Infoview?

- Dashboards (with dashboards documents)
- Databases (webis used in the dashboards)

We need to turn hidden the "databases" folder but need to continue available to Dashboards use it.

What is the best way to implement this?

thanks,
Renato.

Here's what I usually do:

1. I build something like the following folder structure:
Code:
Dashboards
  |_Hidden Folder
    |_Dashboard Reports

2. I set up security so that no one except Administrators have access to the Hidden Folder. Then, for the Dashboard Reports folder, break the security Inheritance and give the same access there as for the main Dashboards folder.

This effectively hides the folder where the reports that run the dashboards are located while still giving users access to run the reports, which they need in order to run the dashboards. The one challenge is that the reports in this folder WILL show up in a search if they meet the requirements of the search. However, users will not be able to navigate directly to them through the folder structure.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back