Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

leased Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

macphoneguy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2002
US
one Department has wanted to put a Leased Line Modem Between to points and the only "Spec" is that it should be a "AT&T 2001" or Equivalent what in modern terms should this be equal to I'm thinking either a VG32/36 circuit

here is a particulars of what I subsiquently found out, I put a Toner on one End and Went to the other End did not find it called Qwest and "OOPS" it wasn't cross Connected in the CO (that would be a Minor problem) that fixed, I set the Modem to autocall the Far End, since it's a External Modem, I plugged it into the Serial port on the LAPTOP and went into procomm Set it for VT-220, and 2400, 8,n,1 and WALA, the Data Started Flowing, in Short the Story here is Trust but Verify operation of what your Local Exchange Carrier says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back