Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lease CPU/memory intensive Anti-Virus software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
One of my main dislikes of Anti-Virus (and Anti-Spyware) software is it's CPU & Memory hit. I remember a few years ago (P3 CPU's) running any Anti-Virus software was a pain as it just slowed things down, now with P4 CPU's its better but still can be painful. I currently have Symantec AV Corporate Edition running on a couple of machines and it is noticable.
I was wondering what AV software is least noticable?

Cheers

Andy

I have not been an advocate of Norton products up until lately. I have installed Norton 360 on a number of computers and I was impressed with the program. From the reviews I have read and from my own experience it seems Norton has found a way to do its work while you computer is idle. Might read here
xit

Remember that whatever you do will always be a compromise between protection and resources.
The increasing amount of malware on the Internet these days, means that there is no way around this.

Steve: N.M.N.F.
Playing the blues isn't about feeling better. It's about making other people feel worse.

I have sophos anti -vrius and the enterprise console.

Sophos when doing on access scanning isn't noticable at all.

Where my symantec at home is very noticable with on access scanning

Sophos does slow the machine down when doing a full system scan. It is about the same as symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back