Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Learning VB for Macola

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStack

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2001
US
Hi!

I am a network administrator for a small company (3 servers, 25 clients), so in essence I am the IT department.
We just went live with Macola 7.6 MSSQL2000 this past February. I have a pretty good handle on using the screens designer, and I have done lots of customizations, but there are a few advanced things I would like to do, and I am coming to understand that I need to know VB to be able to do them.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to best go about learning VB with the goal of being able to make changes in Macola? I've cast about on the internet for materials, but I can't seem to find a direction. Any help would be great.

Mike
[smarty] forever in school

Are you talking about VB, or about Macola VBA tool, Flexibility?

Flexibility is an event driven VBA tool that allows you to launch scripts or other programs based on events that take place in Macola, such as new item number, new customer, etc.

VB can do a lot with macola data files, but making it even driven is another battle altogether.

In either case I can arrange for some training for you. Please let me know your thoughts.

Don Gilsdorf
Triangle Partners Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I've been doing VBA programming in a number of different accounting systems for the last three years, and have been a professional programmer for the last ten. Best advice I can give you is take an introductory college course in Visual Basic. Follow it up with one in Microsoft Access, which is a major VBA platform, and you will be on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back