Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

learning android for beginner 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahm1985

Programmer
Dec 6, 2012
EG
if i want to buy cd to learning android .are you know any cd to learning android
or good places give training online.
if any one know please tell me.
thanks

Since this forum is about software development I'll assume you are asking about this subject. If your question is more like "How to use my Android phone?" this really isn't the place to ask.

Everything that I have seen presumes you have selected a toolset. The most "native" one for Android being Eclipse plus the Android SDK though there are other IDEs of similar quality. There are also other languages supported via 3rd party products such as Basic4Android.

Whether you choose to write Android Java or something else you can usually find YouTube introduction videos. Beyond that there are lots of more active forum sites than this one for help and discussion as well as lots of material you can read from Google and other sources. Books are another option of course, and there are plenty on the market.

And of course you can find online classes and classroom training for a price as well.

While I prefer reading to watching videos they can be useful in giving you an idea of what's involved at a high level. Sitting through just a few of these might tell you enough to stimulate further research. Sometimes it helps just to get some exposure to the overall structure of things and the native terminology used for common principles. These might help you do that:

Android Bootcamp Series 2012 is one good place to start for Java programming.

Android Programming using Basic4Android offers several introductory videos on using that programming tool.

If your interest is more casual then something like BASIC! for Android might suit you. Here you'll find links to information and a free Basic language for Android, a support forum, etc. For a non-pro who just wants to do a little Android programming this might be just the ticket.

Building an Android Basic Programmable Tank for Less Than $50.00 might be an interesting illustration of the use of that simple tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back