Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

leader mtext

Status
Not open for further replies.

RufussMcGee

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
I am running Acad2000 on Windows Xp platform some how during the day my qleader mtext stop coming up, yesterday it worked fine. In the leader settings Mtext is clicked on. When the line "enter first line of annotation text <mtext>:" appears can enter text here fine, but normally is I hit enter then the mtext window pops up which it is not. Anyone know the key to fixing this?

Thanks.

If I understand you correctly, when you intiate the qleader command, the mtext prompts doesnt show at all and exits the command and gives you no chance to enter text?

If that is the case try the system variable
Qtextmode
Controls how text is displayed.
0 Turns off Quick Text mode; displays characters
1 Turns on Quick Text mode; displays a box in place of text

I need to elaborate on this.
-When going to settings on the qleader, make sure that under Annotation reuse, that "None" is selected and as you have stated already that under Annotation that Mtext is sdlected.
-Qtextmode should still be 0, by default.
-Doesnt hurt to make sure of the system variable Mtextfixed
Determines how the Mtext Editor is presented to the user.

0 Mtext Editor works in-place based on the text height and size on screen. If text is too large or small the in-place editing will not be used.
1 Mtext Editor will not use in-place editing and will be displayed at the last used size and location

My apologies for not including this info to begin with.

That is not the case MTEXT dialog box is NOT popping up. the only way I can enter text to a leader is to type it at the prompt "Enter first line.......". Normally I would hit enter and the MTEXT dialog box appears but now it is just going back to the command line.

Thanks

Annotation reuse.."None" is selected
qtextmode is set to "0"

Mtextfixed? do not even see that on the list when I type setvar on the command line. Am I missing something? Was owkring fine early today.

Thanks.

I noticed that the mtextfixed is a newer system variable thatn 2000. I should have recognized that from the begining.
The only thing I noticed, and this might sound rrreeallly silly, is if I intiate the qleader command, it will come up with the Mtext option, providing we have the options selected we already wnet through. If I type leader not le, it will not prompt me for mtext, but ask me to input the first line of text, like you are saying.
Is it possible that these two commands are getting confused.

If none of these above apply to you then I am not sure the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back