Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lead Management Goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBoy868

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2013
US
Hello Community,
I hope all is well. I just wanted to get some ideas of how other GM users are managing their leads. It seems as if there should be a much more effective way to manage leads than what my current process allows. I am basically running 2 databases. The main database is for current customers and is shared on a network of 4. The 2nd, I have created strictly for leads and then I would move a lead that becomes a customer over to the main DB. My thought process behind this is to keep DB1 clean and clutter free with only active customers and so on. The problem is,I have to keep switching back and forth between databases, which has become quite annoying. For example, if I am working in DB1 and there is a scheduled task to call a lead in DB2, a pop up msg will present itself asking if I want to open DB2. Is there a better way to do this without have to switch back and forth between databases? I do not necessarily need to have a scheduled task for a lead but maybe some sort of a reminder that wouldn't show up in my activity list. Or if you have a way to effectively manage leads I'd be more than happy to receive your feedback. Thanks

I've always proslatived that all of your Contacts be in a single database, and that you don't use Other/Additional Contacts except for the Contacts Home or Mailing Address if different from the address on the record. The reason:

@SilverBoy868 - The problem is,I have to keep switching back and forth between databases, which has become quite annoying.

Separate your Contacts by using a Contact Type field, usually Key1. Link your records into an organizational structure using the Relationship Tree.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back