Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDK 24 Nexer and GDC 345H 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvjo

Vendor
Sep 7, 2007
CH
Hello, i'm living in Switzerland and I have a LDK 24 Nexer from 2-3 years, with à 1 LKD30 and 3 GDC 345H.
I have some problems with the 3 GDC, one doesn't ring (with ring config OK) another bip and stop after 2 or 3 minutes and the third one have small cut during the phone calls. I read in the forum that a upgrade exist for GDC 345H. Do You know where I can find it and how to do this ?

Another question is about How to install compatible DECT/GAP other phone with a LDK24 Nexer (the company doesn't no more exist in Switzerland. Sorry for my english and thank You

Hallo Yvjo.

I can upgrade your GDC-345H DECT handsets, but I think that the software level is good enough.

To check the s/w level on a LG GDC-345H handset.
1) Press the MENU (arrow up or arrow down) button.
2) Press the star button (*).
3) Press password.(See later..)
4) Press the OK button .
5) Choose the “Version” menuen.
6) Check the s/w level.

The newest software is: "PT 2.0.Dn 2004.06.19".
As this site is public, you can contact by mail to get the code. Use this link.

You also need to check the s/w level of the LDK 24 Nexer.
Use TRANS/PGM+72 and check the level.
There are 2 hardware versions of the LDK 24 Nexer: Phase 1.0 and Phase 3.0/3.7.
Check the s/w level and write it to me.

Please be aware of that if you use the DECT system with 3 pcs. of GDC-100B bases, you will only have 2 DECT channels per base.
If your system is fully equipped with DECT bases (GDC-100B)
you will have 6 channels in total.
I always recommend that all 3 x GDC-100B are installed (6 channels) and max. 3-4 DECT handsets are in use.
If you only have installed one GDC-100B base, then only 2 DECT conversations can take place.
During the years I have gained a lot of experience with
LDK 24 Nexer and other LG-Nortel products, so feel free to ask.
You can also write to my email address and write in German.
Best regards
///doktor

Hi, again

I forgot to answer the last question.
You can install compatible DECT/GAP phones of almost any kind to the LDK24 Nexer..
I have tried with success these DECT handsets:
Alcatel, Ericsson, Siemens (SL56/SL100) and KIRK.
You will not the special features like "voice mail envelope" and costumer (pre selected) messages, but calls in and out works fine - also transfer etc.
///doktor

Thanks Doktor for this Quick Sunday Service.
My LDK 24 is a LGE/GS24P-1.0 Fd Feb. 04 Version.
I have one GDC-100B installed. (My office is downstairs, I work alone, with the ldk-24 Nexer, 1 LDK 30 and 1 GDC 345H and I live Upstairs (1 GDC 100B and 2 GDC 345H).
Please Do you have any explanations how to connect another Phone DECT/GAP compatible (Siemens Gigaset S100 color) instead the GDC 345H.
Thanks

Yvjo!

Yes we always check this site in the weekends also.
I can give you these options:
You can send your GDC-345H to me for upgrade.
(if needed).
You can install one (e.g.) Siemens S100 by following this
procedure:
From the operator console (LKD-30):
* Press Trans/PGM + 0 + # + button 1 + desired station number of the DECT phone + 2 (this means NON LG DECT phone) + HOLD button.

From the DECT phone just follow the subscription procedure.
Let me know if you have any problems with this.

You will need to de-subscibe the LG DECT phones also.

AND:
To improve your DECT system you need to add one ferrite core on the lines between the LDK-24 (Nexer) and the GDC-100B base. Also make shure that your LDK-24 is grounded through the power supply cord.
Then you have an optimal system.
///doktor

Hi, again

To de-subscibe the LG DECT phones you can just follow this
procedure:
From the operator console (LKD-30):
* Press Trans/PGM + 0 + # + button 2 + station number of the DECT phone that must be de-subscribed + HOLD button.

If you begin with de-subscribing the "old" DECT handsets, then you can re-use the station numbers for the new DECT phones.
///doktor

Hallo Yvojo

In some cases like this the attendant console is needed as it has access to DECT phone registration and other fancy features:

In the Nexer web application you need to find out in PGM 164 who is the attendant.

Normally it is the digital keyset first position in the BFB board (DKT1 is written on the blue plastic cabinet).

Or you can change the number of the attendant in PGM 164 to the LKD-30 phone that is active in your system.
Then it will work.

///doktor

Hi Yvjo

Did it work?
We have several thousand installations of LDK-24 / Nexers
running in our country. Very stable and good systems with a high facility level.
///doktor

Thanks Doktor,

I install a Gigaset S1 on the Nexer (thanks to yours advices)instead a GDC 345H. It's Work well.

Nice to hear.
Let me know if have other issues.
Welcome back here in the forum.
///doktor

Still happy with your solution...?
///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back