Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDK-100, mixing SLIB-II and SLIB2E ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hello everyone,

One of our customers has an LG LDK-100 system and has reported a problem with a handful of their analogue/SLT extensions. What they are saying is as follows:

"With internal calls we can sometimes speak for about 10 seconds then it cuts off and with some phones your just hear the person answer briefly and then it cuts off instantly.

The person on the other end hears a continuous ring tone.

When the bedroom phone’s receiver is placed back on the phone it rings once then stops."

All of the extensions they're having the problem with are located on the same SLIB card. There are a couple of ports on that card which seem ok, but 10 of the 12 ports have the issue.

At this stage, I think it's probably the SLIB card which is faulty in some way and I am looking to replace it. Currently their system contains 4 x SLIB2E cards, and we only have a SLIB-II in stock.

I think the SLIB-II will work in the LDK-100 system if the information I have found online is correct, but can I mix SLIB-II and SLIB2E cards in the same cabinet?

Thanks for any advice,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back