Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDK 100 Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

AarMax

Technical User
Mar 27, 2017
BN
Hi There,

Good day, i need help on this matter. I'm using LDK 100. i have configured an Auto Attendant on the system and it worked fine. Just as simple as press 1 for english and press 2 for chinese. but then i found an issue that i could'nt resolve until now. When the outside caller calls the CO Line they would successfully hear the Auto Attendant messages, but if the caller suddenly hang up the call during the AA playing, i noticed that the CO Line still unreleased and i need to wait for 30 seconds to the line to be idle. Thank you in advanced and your help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Aarmax

Hi

This is the 'Disconnect Clear Time' located in CO programming around PGM142/143.

In the UK we need this to be set to 05 (500milliseconds). You will also need to ask your line provider to set the lines on the network to 800milliseconds, this will prove to be the hardest part of the job!

Eats

Ok, Press Trans *#..... TRANS/PGM..... the transfer key?.......sigh!

Hi,

Thank you for your swift reply. Would you please tell me where is Disconnect Clear Timer located in PGM 142. I saw Open Loop Detect Timer, CO Flash Timer only and there's no Disconnect Clear Timer. In PGM 143 refers to ISDN Config only. Regarding 800 milliseconds, are you referring to Polarity Reversal Configuration on our Line Provider?

Please advise.

Aarmax

Aarmax

'Open Loop Detect Timer' is the one you need.

Contact you provider and ask them to change the 'Open Loop Disconnect Timer' to 800 Milliseconds. This is the time for BT in the UK. May be a different timer in other countries. This is taking into account the lines you are using are analogue?

Eats

Hello Eats,

Thank you for your confirmation on the Open Loop Detect Timer. I believed that i'm on the right path now. I was confused about the Line Polarity Reversal as my client applied for it in our Brunei Service Provider. I thought that once we have the polarity reversal then it can solve the issue, but it seems like this Open Loop Detect Timer is another story. For further info, yes i'm using Analogue Lines. Thank you again for sharing your professional support. I will liaise with our provider and let you know once i'm done with this matter.

Regards,
AarMax

Hi Eats,

Good Day. I have another question about the VMIB. I have noticed that after 2 to 3 incoming calls they would hear the VMIB messages, then the next or 4th caller cannot hear the VMIB messages and forwarded straight to Operator. Why is it happen? Please advise

AarMax

The VMIB is only a 4 channel auto attendant card so really it would be the 5th call that would follow ring assignment. Unless your using an IPLDK20 which is only a 3 channel card.

Is anyone listening to voicemail at the same time or using the vmib to control the music on hold?

Eats

Hi Eats,

Apology for late response. i have checked again the purchase order in my office and the Customer bought 8 ports voicemail and AA card for IPLDK 100 Platform. That means it should be 8 ports can be use? I'm thinking if i forget something to configure to use up these 8 ports instead of 4 ports?

Is anyone listening to voicemail at the same time?

* My answer is yes, 4 callers listening simultaneously then the 5th call followed the ring assignment. Last week, i received complaints about the Auto Attendant. They said they did'nt hear the messages. When i checked the system, the VMIB Card was hang and to put it back to normal, i reset the VMIB Card through Reset Button and it works normal again.

Please advise

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back