Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ldb file doesnt close

Status
Not open for further replies.

storer

Programmer
Mar 27, 2000
US
We have a database with front end linked to back end on a network. It is like this on the server and then each work station has its own front end linked through the network to the back end.

Twice, when I've wanted to replace the front end because of revisions, I couldn't because the ldb file still had the two linked even though we couldn't find anyone in the database! We checked every computer several times!

Is this possible? How can I "break" the link? Also, is there a way to tell from the server who is in the database.
thanks for you help!

Check faq181-99 and thread181-7646 for ways to determine who is logged into an Access database. If you can't find anyone logged in, can you delete the LDB file? Terry Broadbent

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J Boorstin

Thanks Terry, I'll check out those sources. I did try to delete the ldb file but didn't work.

After you verify that no one is in the database, you might try rebooting the machine that the database is on and then delete the LDB. Terry M. Hoey

Please read the following FAQ to learn how to help me help you...

Another thing to check, make sure that another process on the server is not tying up the file. A common thing is an errant backup program that has crashed and is locking the files it's supposed to be backing up.

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back