Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoughboyII

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
US
Okay I have AD running on a win2k advanced server and an OS X server I want to create a LDAP DB so both can grab user information. The LDAP will reside on the win2k server. Are there any good white papers on how to setup the LDAP or has anyone already done this?

When you installed AD you already installed an LDAP enabled database! You can use any LDAP tool to retrieve user info from your AD server. I suppose that if you install such a tool on your OS X, this should work fine.
What exactly do you want to do? If you want to add extra info in the LDAP database you'll need to extend the schema.
Again this is a standard feature of AD. When your extended schema becomes really big, be carefull, because it is automatically replicated to all sites. (This can't be stopped!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back