Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcraig

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
CA
I have built a mac osx server network. I am running Server A, which has 10.3.4 server on it. I am using LDAP3 to authenticate my clients and assign them a home directory. I recently decided to build a second Server, Server B, and have my users split up on each machine. I can get both of these Servers to authenticate users with no problems, however anyone logging into Server B gets a home directory could not be found error. I can click on GO CONNECT TO SERVER and connect to the Server B that way, however when I look in network, under servers, only Server A is showing there. That is why I don't think the home directories are showing up (They reference Server B in the home directory path). How do I go about getting Server B to show itself on the network? All the settings between the 2 servers are the same as far as I can tell, but I may be missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back