Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP Read Only Synchronization - is llserverinfo required? llquery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcneil

Programmer
Jan 8, 2008
We're hoping to use the Directory Services module (version 3.0 with Livelink 9.7.0) to synchronize select users from an LDAP tree. We're planning on having it be a read only process as we don't want Livelink to update the LDAP tree.

The documentation says that each user who is to be synchronized requires the llserverinfo attribute, but I'm wondering if that is only required for 2 way synchronizations (not read only). It seems as though the search filter provided with the directory services module should be able to handle which users will actually get brought into Livelink.

As for groups I was hoping someone could just confirm my understanding of how they work. I presume that through the group search filter we are able to choose which groups will get pulled into Livelink, and if those groups have an llquery attribute it will be executed and the users that that query returns (and match the user search filter) will be populated in that group.

Does that mean that groups don't need the llserverinfo attribute either? I would think they wouldn't given the existence of the group search filter.

Thanks Greg, I was aware of that thread (I started them both), I was just seeing if there were any different subscribers to this forum with a different view.

Do you find that the Knowledge Center is the busier forum?

Jim, both are valued for their content and contributors, although this one does not require an expensive login like the KC does. My aim in posting the link was merely to tie the two threads together for others and future reference.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back