Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

perld

ISP
Oct 21, 2005
MT
I'm trying to extract values from an LDAP server. I've a very basic script to grab these using the following:

*** START ***

my $ldapconn = Net::LDAP->new($ldap{host},port => $ldap{port},version => $ldap{version}) or die "LDAP error: $@\n";
my $ldapbind = $ldapconn->bind($ldap{admin},password => $ldap{pass});

if ($ldapbind->code() != LDAP_SUCCESS){die "Error binding to LDAP: $ldapbind->error() if $ldapbind->code()";}

my $search = $ldapconn->search(
base => "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com",
scope => "sub",
attrs => ['uid', 'userPassword'],
filter => '(radiusGroupName=vpn)'
);

my @vals = $search->attributes();
foreach my $val (@vals){print $val;}

*** END ***

But when I try to execute the script I get the following error:

Can't locate object method "attributes" via package "Net::LDAP::Search" at ./ex1.pl line 32, <DATA> line 225.

This also happens when trying:

my @vals = $search->get_value("userPassword");

Anyone see what I'm missing to get this to work?

Iain.

According to the doc on CPAN, the search method returns a Net::LDAP::Search object, which doesn't appear to have an 'attributes' or a 'get_value' method...

Steve

[small]"Every program can be reduced by one instruction, and every program has at least one bug. Therefore, any program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." (Object::perlDesignPatterns)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back