Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP integration with EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cer2225

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2008
US
We have EM and OPSMAN installed and would like to do an LDAP integration with our active dirctory for our 3300's. I know this functionality is available but was not installed when we set up the server.

What would I need to do to add this? Is it a liscensed function? I did find a download for the "Directory Server Add-in" but i am not sure this is what I need on the server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You will require the enhanced version of ops manager for the integration to work. Yes it is a licensing issue.

Knowledge is power, thats why we share!

The Active Directory plug-in is an Enterprise/OPS Manager function. The Active Directory interfaces with Enterprise Manager and Enterprise Manager sends these changes to the 3300 systems on the network. In order to use this feature you have to have the following part enabled on the Enterprise/OPS Manager AMC record:

Embedded OPS Manager Standard to Enhanced
Upgrade
54001750 B-SW M Approx $1,000
NOTE(S):
This enhances OPS Mgr to include IDS & IUM

Thanks. That's what I thought. Everything is a licensing issue. Do you get anything else with that upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back