Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKElaw

Programmer
Nov 4, 2000
GB
6.5 running fine for years. One morning no one can log into Groupwise. Quickly find it's LDAP

The message on start up
UCMGR - 316 Serial Number Sync error. User count key file does not exist. etc.
Believe missing file is UCMGR.SYS but cannot find this file a the spare server or anywhere else.
LICENSE1 and LICENSE2 are both where they should be. Have tried TID 10071382 and 10053011 and no progress

Any help appreciated

No other errors at all except Virtual Office doesn't work which I take to be because no LDAP.

Check your PKI certificates. They expire by default after 2 years, and this will impact LDAP and any other secure service.

There is a tool called PKIDIAG that you can run. It will repair any problems that are found, and recreate certificates if they are expired.

Thanks for the help. It fixed the main problem I will reboot in the morning and that should be that. Thanks Chaps

A slight additional problem
Users can now start VO certificate and all that but username and password brings them to the Home Page with a users Search Screen at the top and a database view headed

"Please check your Username and Password "
"Edit Mail, Configuration"

What have we missed???

Do you have any custom certificates that are used just for VO? Check ConsoleOne and see if there are any other certs associated to your server (besides the 2 defaults)

Honestly I don't know, I haven't done much with VO and since its on its way out, I don't plan to. (Teaming + Conferencing is the replacement product)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back