Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP error 85

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanterrill

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2003
GB
Has anyone had the message "Search request to the LDAP directory server has timed out (85)". The LDAP directory in question is held locally on an e-mail server and the client is Outlook 2002 sp3. It never used to happen and suddenly every time we type an internla maila ddress there is a long pause then this message comes up. No problems on the network, very little traffic in general, the e-mail box has been checked thoroughly by the suppliers (Inty) and works OK when they dial in and try it. This happens on all PCs throught the building. Any ideas?

If you are running a Windows 2000 Active Directory server then check the Event Viewer and look at Microsoft Article 218185. It may not be an Exchange problem.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Thanks - I had founf this list of LDAP errors before, but it doesn't list error *%. The other parts which refers to the LDAP service not starting properly, says it is cured by SP" -I'm running Windows 200 SP4, and the servers (3 of them) have all been rebooted twice since this error started occurring, but with no events involving LDAP showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back