Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP Change Password Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM2468

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2011
US
I'm not holding out much hope, but I'm hoping to find someone who has successfully created a PHP script that will allow the changing of a user password in LDAP. The LDAP server must be Windows 2008 Active Directory. LDAPS is working. I've tried every method I can find, but none work. I don't know if it's even possible at this point. From all the examples and hybrid solutions, I end up with a mix of errors - invalid credentials, DN syntax errors, invalid object, etc. I'd appreciate any assistance from someone who has gotten this working.

None of these work:
more ...

I've gotten it to a "server is unwilling to perform" message which indicates to me that everything else is correct and I have a SSL problem. I confirmed this by removing the "TLS_REQCERT never" from the ldap.conf. It seems that the client must accept the certificate, not ignore it for modify commands to work.

I think I need to add the following to my ldap.conf (adjusted for Windows paths):
Code:
TLSCACertificateFile /usr/local/etc/openldap/cacert.pem
TLSCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/openldap/servercrt.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/openldap/serverkey.pem

But I need clarification as to where these files com from. CA, I know. Is servercrt and serverkey from the LDAP server? I assume it is but I don't see any certs on the LDAP server except the CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back