Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP Authentification fails on HP Device Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiMonsterrr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2013
CH
Hello community

I would like to integrate Active Directory authentification into HP Device Manager (Version 4.5 Rev B).
When I try to connect, HPDM returns a generic error message.

I sniffed with Wireshark and found the following:
Code:
searchResDone(2) operationsError (000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906E8, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db1)  [0 results]

In Wireshark i can see the bindRequest going out to the DC, which returns a success message - so the bind should be complete IMHO

When I tried to authenticate with this account over the LDP-Tool, it worked fine.

My test parameters at the moment are like this:
Host: myLDAPserver.mydomain.net (also tried 'mydomain.net' or IP)
Port: 389
No Encryption

General LDAP (There's also an option for 'Active Directory', but it generates the same error)
Base-DN: dc=mydomain,dc=net
RDN-Attribute: distinguishedName (also tried sAMAcccountName, CN, UID)
Username: CN=svc-LDAP-HPDM,CN=AnotherOU,CN=AnotherOU,CN=MyOU,DC=mydomain,DC=net
pw: mypassword

Can anybody explain this behaviour? I really tried every combination I can imagine. Firewall is no problem - there is none betwen my HPDM Server and the LDAP Server.
I hope, you have all information you need. Otherwise I would be pleased to provide you with whatever you want to know.

Best regards from Switzerland,
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back