Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP authentication in Crystal Ent 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

spud123

Technical User
Feb 23, 2001
AU
I want to use LDAP authentication with Crystal Enterprise 8.5.

Are there any plug-ins that need to be installed on the designated server machine. Because when I try to map a Novell group to CE through the Crystal Management Console I get the following error.

Error updating LDAP properties. The secLDAP plugin failed to get the dn for the group xxxxxxxx

We are implementing CE using domino directory server, and it has been nothing but trouble , the ldap component has lots of issue surronding it. I have had to code my own work arounds for it. I would try it if it works for you fine, but if you find you are having trouble as we are forget it. They are working on patches for, so they say.

Had trouble setting up LDAP with NDS using CE9. Don't know if this will help or not but using commas to split up the cn's and ou's worked rather than full stops. However, I'm still having trouble getting the search facility to work. So that people don't have to type in the fully qulaified name.

Just note resolved issue, it was in the LDAP Server type option and attribute matching, one of the attributes was not mapped correctly for performing te search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back