Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD call drops after entering in authcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaman

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2011
US
I have problems with some calls dropping after entering in their authcode for a long distance call. Doesn't happen every time but I have been able to recreate the scenario.

The site making the call is an Option 11 RLS 3.0. They are using a Virtual Trunk over the customer's network back to a CS1000E RLS 6.0 where the LD trunks are. The call from the 3.0 site comes into the 6.0 site on the virtual trunks, the user hears stutter dial tone to indicate authcode entry, user puts in the authcode and the call is dropped. When it does work, the caller hears stutter dial tone, enters authcode and the LD call works.

I monitored the d channels and when it doesn't work I see the call come in on the virtual d-channel and then the call drops, I don't get any extra info on the d-channel monitoring to indicate what is causing the issue. When the LD call works I see the call come in on the virtaul d-channel and go out on the LD d-channel.

Last weekend I patched the CS1000E and the NRS servers with the latest and greatest. Not sure where to go now. There are 20 some Option 11 RLS 3.0 sites on the customers network that are able to make LD calls with no problems. I have done a stare and compare of a lot of the config from a site that works to the one that doesn't and can't find anything different. All the authcode prompting is coming from the CS1000E.

check your spre code and FFC, maybe something there?

Just an FYI. We found that when an outlying site made an LD call, it came into the 1000E and out the LD trunks. If the number they were calling was busy, no busy tone was returned to the user it would just drop the call.

Had to re-install the latest SU for Linux Base release 6.0 on the signaling servers. Rebooted the them and and now my RLS 4.5 and 6.0 sites are getting a busy signal returned. Now if we can figure out the RLS 3.0 sites we will be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back