Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD 17 changes in an Opt 11C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbasaur

Technical User
Aug 13, 2012
US
Hey, my local terminal was mis programmed as TTY 15 port umpty scrunch and now I have lost local access. I found out that I can not make changes or deletions in LD 17 unless I am connected to CAB 0 Port 0 via local terminal. Bummer dude. Can I do it through a maintenance telephone? Is there another way to get in and reprogram my TTY 0 back to CAB 0 Port 0? I know of one possible wayyyy...........but let's not go there yet. Last PCMCIA LD 143 backup was awhile ago.......many changes since then, lots of typing involved with that one. Good help is hard to find. Thanks to all.

Do you have dial up? You would have to be extremely motivated to try to do that through a maintenance telephone, if it were possible.

Do you have ethernet access onto your system?. Perhaps you can use RLOGIN to access the switch and make the changes, or do you have expansion cabinets with a TTY programmed for that cabinet to use?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back