Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCR - using IP trunks to route by exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsols

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
US
I'm looking for a way to take advantage of IP trunks between two locations to save on long distance calling by routing calls to the closest 2000IPS based on local exchanges. I know this should be possible using LCR, but I'm looking for a good example. Right now, the IP trunks are being used for 3-digit extensions only.

Thanks for any advice/help!

Point the area codes that are to route out the other side, to another route pattern that adds a 9 infront of the call and places them on the CCIS route. Then make sure at the other site a tandem connection is allowed between the IP CCIS and external trunks.

thanks pave35 - going to give it a shot this afternoon.

I've finally been able to get back to this project and I've run into a spot where I could break things if I'm not carefull. The CCIS trunks and routes are configured and now I'm getting into LCR and I'm fearfull of wrecking existing LCR patterns. There are development patterens already assigned to all 4 LCR groups and from doing listups on LCR data, each has a handfull of routes in place (for dialing between locations via extensions and local outbound routing). I REALLY don't want to break any existing outbound call routes while implemennting these new routes and my knowledge is very minimal in LCR. I'm not sure what's safe in mixing trunks and routes within a single LCR group and I just want to verify that this is an OK thing to do.

Here's an example,
Look at your station dialing for reference.
8A4007>21>0021 This is for station to staion dialing 21XX
8A0021>1>XXXZZ The XXX is the LPN LCR Pattern Number ZZ is the IP Route. We will use RT 10 as example
8A5XXX>167>000-255 this is the IP address pattern number. check what the station dialing is using you will need later. We will use 021 as example.
8A5XXX>168>this is the destination point code for IP Trunk. we will use 00021 as example

Now for the new patterns.
for your outdial find a pattern in 8A0XXX that is not in use like mentioned above.
8A4007>1956>0056
8A0056>1>05610 remember that 056 is the LPN and 10 is the route number.
8A5056>100>9000 this for digit addition pattern 9000
8A9056>0>9 this will add the "9" back in.
now for the IP and point code information to be added.
8A5056>167>021 this will use the same IP address pattern as the station dialing.
8A5056>168>00021 this will use the same destination Point code as the station dialing.

Mextera

If you are not real familiar with LCR you may want to open the Mach Script editor prior to making changes and do a L8AALL command and lookup the second data, this will give you a good copy of what is in the switch currently and you can look through it in excel before you actually make changes.

Thanks a ton, both of you - I feel alot better being able to extract some existing data first and seeing how the pattern will actually look.

I'll let you kniow if I blow something up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back