Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCR tech question

Status
Not open for further replies.

juldal

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
DK
Hello

I have a real tricky task with LCR at hand, I will try to describe it.

two HiPath 3800 are conneced through CorNEt trunks.

There are 1 PRI´connected to 1 of the 3800.

The calls that should go to the second 3800, are setup in the LCR of the 1st. 3800.

for instance

the numter 50 500 501 needs to go to a station residing at the second 3800.

Here is the tricky part. The station to which 50 500 501 belongs, has a local number which is 701.

I tried all sorts of ways to make 50 500 501, go to the local number 701, in a general rule, since i have 300 of these numbers, but nothing has worked yet.

any ideas??

/J.U.Tranberg
SOCA

I can't wrap my head around those numbers as I'm in the US and have too many questions, but....

Assuming you have set up your GDTR table for the number conversion - let's say you used GDTR table 1 for example.. I'm not sure exactly how this is implemented in the 3800, but in the Hicom 300 you need to make sure that the GDTR table/rule/whatever you used is assigned to the Trunk Group the calls are coming in on. In this case it sounds like the PRI.

You can do all the rule setup you want, but if you forgot to set the trunk/trunk group to use that rule it won't do anything...

Just tossing out a possible thing to look at.

It is very hard to explain.

basicly what i want is calls on a PRI on any number to route to a extension number that doesnt match the ddi number.
eg
a number 63100100 would normally route to the extension 100

in this case i want it to go to an extension 200 on another NODE

Picture this

two 3800 in cornet NQ network, a call for 63100100 comes in on Node 1, this call is to be routed to extension 200 on Node 2

This is as simple as I can explain it

dont know if it makes much sense anyways...lol

Well, now that you assembled the numbers into a blob.....

Q #1, Are all of your extensions 3-digit numbers?

Q #2, Do you actually HAVE an extension 100?

Q #3, Do all numbers begin with "63100" and then the last 3 digits change?

Q #4, Are all the numbers at Node 2 within a block?
For example, Node 2 has numbers 200 - 299 or something?

Q #5, Is there a whole block of numbers at Node 1 to be converted?
For example, Node 1 has numbers 100 - 199 that must go to 200 - 299 at the other site?

If 1, 3, 4 and 5 are Yes, and 2 is No, here is what I would suggest:

Have your phone provider only send you the last 3 digits because that is all that matter (unless you have some phones with 3-digit extensions, and some with 4, etc).

In your Dial Plan or LCR, set up Ext 100 - 199 to route across CorNet to Node 2.

At Node 2, set up a GDTR to drop the "1" from the sent number string and replace it with a "2". Thus 100 becomes 200. Be sure to assign the GDTR you set up to the CorNet trunk group.

This will only work for blocks of numbers. If you need to send over random single numbers then my suggestion would be to try and use HOTDEST (ITR) to have calls that come in to phantom station 100 ring at 200, or try some type of call forwarding thing.

Just more ideas to bounce around....

Only did these kind of situations in an ip envirement, but i think it will almost (or exacly) works the same as i understand the explanation of donb01 corect.

In the lcr you already have a internal routing for numbers. Then the only thing you'll need to do is make a virtual number on the external-incomming node and set in the call forwading imediatly the internal number of the phone on the second node

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back