Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCOB4 for ipldk20 installation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sungyoun

Programmer
Sep 9, 2009
GB
Hi
Has anyone installed a lcob4?
I've installed it and assigned it to a logical slot.
I want to know if I have to "Switch off" the BRI which is on the mainboard? How is this done?
Once installed do I have to reset the system by the reset button on the mainboard in order for it to work? When resetting do I have to switch off the Admin switch and switch it aabck once the sytem is back on?
I do appreciate all your help on these systems as my specialty is the Ericsson MD110 / Aastra MXone.

Best regards

Dear Sungyuon

As my specialty also is the Ericsson MD110 / Aastra MXone, I need to check for this.
I will be back with an answer...

///doktor

I think that you cannot switch off the BRI (2/BRI) board on the MBU (Main Board Unit). So, your LCOB4 board will just use the lines 3-6, and the lines 1+2 will have to be put ino a CO group (09) that is not in use (i.e. COG=09 is the parking CO Group).
The best thing is to let the system find the installed hardware, like with CNHUI in the MD110.
This is done by installing al HW, and setting the PGM 100 to the nation code that you would like to use.
Hereafter reset the system.
Set the SW1 to ON for battery backup of the database.
The 4th pole (switch 4) of SW3 should be OFF to protect the features being programmed in Admin
programming after the system power up and initialization.
Then it should work..

///doktor

When you install the LCOB4
Will need to add the board to the slot in PGM 101 (Pysical assignment), then PGM 103 assign the board logically.
Remember to enter the slots that are already there, then the new slot for the LCOB4. normally at the end.
MUST RESET SYSTEM for programming to take effect

Then place the working co lines into line grp 1 - and the unused lines into a higher lines grp eg 9
This is done in PGM 141 Flex Btn 1 - CO Line Grps.

Regards
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back