Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lcfd

Status
Not open for further replies.

omerkd

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
IL
Hi.
We want to change the installation directory of the endpoint. We know it is possible however each time we tried it something went wrong.
I need to know what excatly will went wrong if I do change the install directory.
Anyone ?

You should be able to set the installation directoy to anywhere on the PC. You CANNOT change a couple of small elements - namely that the lcfd install also places files in %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\etc\Tivoli which need to be in that directory specifically.

So you may be seeing a problem with any security limitations on that directory, not with the install path.

I have installed lcfd (manually and via automated installer) to a number of directories without issue.

That's the short answer based on a guess. If you list out the problems you are having, it might be easier to offer suggestions.

Leon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back