Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCD screen problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

evosmudge

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
US
I have posted about this problem a few months ago but now I have pictures. My screen developed 4 light lines on the right hand side and causes changes in my display if I enlarge a window or if I move part of a window into that area.

So far, I have tried my VGA connections to make sure they are properly in. There are no devices nearby besides my tower and printer, but they are about a foot away. I recently switched to DVI digital cables with the installation of a new video card. I will try using the LCD monitor on a different PC to see if the problems persist.

Please follow the link below to my Yahoo photo album to view shots of my screen.

In the first 2 pictures, 4 vertical lines can be seen on the right hand side of my desktop. The 3rd and 4th pictures shows what occurs when a window is opened. The 5th occurs when either maximizing the window or moving towards the right of the screen.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

This is not a problem with your cables or with interference from another source that is for sure.

I am sure that this isn't a driver issue either, unless you are driving the display or the video card at a resolution that exceeds its max.

Since you have switched to a new video card and the problem is still there, you just proved that the problem is with the LCD itself. Is it still under warranty?

The problem does look as if it is the LCD. I made sure I did not exceed the resolution of the monitor and tried reseting the screen using the on-screen display controls. No luck there so I tried another computer and the problem exist but not as bad. The 4 vert lines are there but are less intrusive and additional line do not come up when maximizing or moving a window. Seems odd but at least I know the problem is definitely with the monitor.

Thank you felixc for your help. I will see how long I can put up with the lines, but will eventually replace it with another 19" screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back