Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCD Projector at funny angle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftpdoo

Programmer
Aug 9, 2001
GB
Hi,

My church has just got a new LCD projector and we mounted in on the wall. The screen is also mounted on another wall - but the presentations are coming out at a funny angle.

The projectors adjustment only allow a little playing around.

Is there any software out there that allows you to adjust the angle of the projection?

Thanks,
Jonny

I know this may sound a little demented, but would it not be possible to simply move the projector, so that it's in the correct place?

Carlsberg don't run I.T. departments, but if they did they'd probably be more fun.

When you say funny angle, what do you mean? Is the picture tapered at the top or bottom? If this is the case then you need to adjust the keystone. There will be one of the options on the menu to do this.
If it is something different please let us know. Let us know how you get on.

Yes your right that moving the bracket would be the easiest option probably! Its just it'll mean getting a longer wall bracket made.

The keystone options help a little but the image is smaller at one side that the other because of the angle that both the projector and screen are at..

Was thinking if there was some smart software out there I might be able to adjust the settings to componsate for this?

Thanks for your help guys,
Jonny

I don't think that there is any software that could do this, as this is actually the projected image from the projector itself, not from the PC.
I think the moving of the bracket is going to be your only & best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back