Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCD problem with 16 characters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotand

Programmer
Feb 28, 2004
CA
Hi,I'm having a problem with displaying 16 characters on LCD L1671. I use 001110000 to make 2 lines. Does anybody have the problem? Is there a way to solve it.

Thanks a lot.

Doing a quick search for the L1671 I found this page:

There is a note at the bottom saying:

NOTE: L1671 series is initialized as a 2 line display, because of the absence of an LCD driver. You must address character no. 9 as you would the first position on the 2nd line which is (C0).

Although you do mention two lines in your post, so maybe you are aware of this.

Im not sure what you mean by you use 001110000 to make two lines? Is that the address? In which case it does not match the C0 as mentioned in the link I gave. Maybe that is your problem?

--

Thank you for your help. I didn't work with LCD's a lot. I didn't really understood what the adress is and how to use it. I think the adress for C0 is 11000000 but then where do I have to put it to get the right result?

00111000 is the Function set for 2 lines.

Thank you.

Well, there appears to be a RS line to indicate instruction or data. C0 is probably the instruction, then you write the data that you wish to input.

But I don't have a spec on how that works. See if you can find one and post the link. I will take a look.

--

hmm. Actually here is the link.

As I mentioned you use the RS signal to indicate the IR (or instruction register). At the same time you write the C0 on the data lines.

You then invert the RS signal to indicate data and at the same time write the data you want to go into the IR that you previously indicated.

along with this you need to also set the R/W signal to indicate a write. And there is an Enable signal which needs to be toggled somewhat like a clock.

thats a realllly quick explanation.

--

Thank you very very much, i've figured it out. Thanks a lot.
:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back