Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCD panel datasheet... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Toulouse

Programmer
Mar 18, 2002
GB
Hi folks!

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but here goes... :)

I have stripped out an LCD panel from an old Toshiba laptop that I thought I could use for another project - essentially turning the panel into a useable monitor. This requires me to order a few parts from china to get it working. Anyway, to ensure they are sending me the correct parts I need to provide them with the datasheet for the panel.

BUT all my Googling has turned up nothing other than a few dead-end links, and I am sort of getting to the point of believing that a datasheet does not exist for this particular panel. Therefore, before I assign it to the skip, I though I would just ask in the hope that someone can find it!

The panel is a Toshiba LTM12C324, from an old Toshiba Portege P4010.

Many thanks for any assistance :)

I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours...

I certainly don't disagree with you there! But seriously it absolutely gauls me throw out working gear if some little mod can make it useful again! But I guess that's modern life these days!

Bung it on ebay as a working panel. people look all the time for replacements!

ACSS - SME
General Geek

yes, that's probably the best way forward :)

I turned a laptop display into a monitor, with a kit I bought from EBAY. Like THIS. You can send them an email, with the model of the LCD panel, and they will respond very quickly if it will work. Mine works great for a cheap little LCD I can lug around to headless units, and set BIOS and run DIAGS. I mounted it inside an old hard shell motherboard shipping case I had from work, A small PS2 Keyboard and touch pad from a rack KVM setup, and it fits in the bottom of the clam shell case, nice and neat.

That's what I am trying to purchase :)

Problem is I sent them the model number, and it was they who said they needed the datasheet!

But the more i think about it the more I am in agreement with HSM at the mo, as really I could probably hit the car boots the weekend and get a complete small LCD monitor or TV for £5-10 anyway which would fit my project needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back