Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCD Discolouration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverElectron

Programmer
Apr 10, 2003
CA
My LCD screen is tinted red in the top left corner of the screen. Is there any way I can fix this? I it is not possible to fix then does anyone know how much it will cost to replace (12 inch laptop lcd screen).

-SE

sounds like it got to close to a magnetic field at sometime... degauss usually takes care of this but not sure wether it is available on LCD monitors or not... someone once told me that at soldering iron turn on and position close to the screen will also demagnetize a screen(carefull not to touch the screen) might be worth a shot

I do not think degaussing makes any sense in the context of an LCD display.

Keep the soldering iron in the drawer.

What you describes happens when in some of your cells there is no current reaching the blue and green diodes. A 12" display should be reasonable in cost. See if there is a repair center nearby that specializes in laptops, or search the web for a depot based service that specializes in that brand and ship it off.

Thanks for explaining the problem bcastner. I just thought there might have been a shortcut to a quick fix. I'll check out the repair places around.

Thanks again,
-SE

Might just be worth checking display settings as LCD's go weired off sink , take your refresh rate down to 60htz, it may just have been set too high.
After that bcasner sounds on the money. Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back