Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lazer mouse stuttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikiltd

Technical User
Jan 31, 2001
US
Anyone know about lazer mice? Like the Intellimouse? Mine does not point smoothly because of the mouse itself. There is nothing wrong with the lazer or software - it is the mouse in my hand. It doesn't move smoothly over any surface. Just slightly catches all the time. Anyone know of a truly good surface for this to work on? (I work in graphics and I'm about ready to fling various things out the window. Maybe time to break out the old $9.00 mouse.) Thanks!

just a thought, it may not work but.

why dont you get some fine wet 'n dry paper 1200grit and lay it on the desk. rub the mouse base across it. a little water on the paper will lubricate it.

i have just looked at the base of my logitec one and there are four plastic pads that make it glide over the desk. i think that if these where 'polished' they would slide smoother. give it a go. it cant hurt

let me know how it goes

brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back