Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layout table...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msndrstd

Programmer
Feb 8, 2002
US
A friend of mine previewed one of the pages on the new site I am developing and he has noticed that one of the elements in a layout table is not in the position it needs to be in, but on every computer I look at, it looks fine. This graphic is stuck farther out to the right than it should be. Why is he seeing different than I am and how do I fix this? Thanks for your time.

First you gotta say what he was using.

What browser?? And you, on which ones did you try it?? Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

We were both using IE5..I have looked at the page from various locations with different versions of IE and it looks fine but for some reason on his computer it doesn't work.

Do both of you use the same screen resolution???

It might be the reason for the different display. Have Fun...

The way I have setup the site is that there are two different sets of pages for each resolution. One for 1024 and one for 800. I did this because it was the only way I could get the look I wanted to work at both resolutions...everything works fine on on every computer we have tried at both resolutions excet for this one little thing that is driving me crazy..I probably shouldn't put this much energy into it but it would drive me crazy knowing its like that on his computer at work and that is possible it could be happening on other computers. Any ideas?

Are you using margins?? If you're not, set them all to 0. Have Fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back