Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

layout of the crystalreport8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguraja

Programmer
Jun 14, 2003
US
i have already done multiple column format but i need following help

The exact output i need is this

Company Name CompanyName company addr Companyaddr
person1name person2name
person1addr person2addr

The problem i have is the table company(name,addr) has only one row of data .so if i put the fields of company and personal data into the detail section .Report displays either company or personal table information. But not both.

i need some way to display the company name and address along with all persons name and addres.

i need this very urgently.

Ther is no relation between company and personal tables.

so..can u help me to display in this format

raja

I'd say group personal details within company details. Though I'm puzzled by your statement that there is "no relation between company and personal tables". There must be something that relates them.

You can group using a formula field, if needs be.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

the company and personal data are really not related on any field. so i dont know how to group them.

The company table only has addr information of the company and no more rows.

But the personal table consists of all the information about the persons working in a company.

so pls...tell me how to group them.

Hi

Assuming that your personal table has a company id, group by company id. Place the Company Name and Address in the group header and personal name and address in the detail section.

Regards
Krishna Kumar

there is really no link between the company and personal information tables..

is there anyway to get this layout using formula field

if there is any option do tell me

If the tables are not related, you will have to know which employees belong to which companies and use a formula to hard code the relationship based on some field in the personal table such as employee_Id. The formula would be set to the value of Company_Id of the Company table and might look something like this:
{@EmplCompany}

If {Employee_Id} in [101, 106, 122, 132] then 1100 else
If {Employee_Id} in [102, 104, 109, 120, 121] then 1101 else
etc

where 101, 102, 104, 106... are employee ids and 1100 and 1101 are company ids. This report will only access the personal table and will sort on this formula. Create a subreport that contains the company information and sort it on company id. Link the main report formula field to the company id field of the subreport.

I haven't tried this, but it is the approach I would take. The best solution would be to add company id field to the personal table.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back