Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

layout of a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

minervadash

Technical User
Jun 14, 2005
US
I have a form in a database that contains two sub-forms. I need to be able to e-mail each record as an individual report that contains all the information for that record including multiple entries in each sub-form. So I created two command buttons at the bottom of my form, one to display the report and then the other to e-mail it. My problem comes in when I am doing the layout of the report. My colum headings for my first sub-form are in the page header and then the fields for them are in the detail. So at the top of each page is the colum headings and then all the information for it falls out fine into the report. All however many of the records there are. Which is great and is what I want. Then on my SECOND sub-form there is not enough room in the header to put all the field names that I need displayed from that form along with all the ones that are there from my first sub-form. When I run my report it re-runs all the information from the first sub-form for each entry of the second one. It will list all entries needed from the first, the first record of the second sub-form, all the entries of the first sub-form again and then the second entry of the second sub-form, and so on until eventually I am winding up with duplicate information that I do not need. Does that make sense? I am looking for a way to display all my information just one time. Can you PLEASE help?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back