Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layout issue on Group Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

jehanzebn

Programmer
May 28, 2001
Dear all,

I have created a report which is working perfectly however the problem this time is the layout of the report.

For example.

Right after the graph on the first page (Group Footer 1a), data starts to show up, which means, the data adjusts itself either on page 1 or 2 by itself. That makes the report look really bad because half of the data is on the first page (right near the edge of the page) and half is on the second page.

I have looked at the section expert options but did not find where I could say "Start section Group1b from new page".

Could someone please guide me to get this right?

here is how report shows up

Page1

Graph
Data
Data
Data

Page 2

Data
Data
Data

What I would like it to do is

Page1

Graph

Page2

Data
Data
Data
Data
Data

The Group Footer is divided from Group 1a to Group 1p. Where Group Footer 1a holds the graph and from Group Footer 1b to p, holds the data.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Jehanzeb

Jehanzeb
Crystal Reports 2008
Visual Studio 2008
Informix Database

I think I answered my own question while typing the question.

I placed the graph on the group header and kept the footer for the data and clicked on Keep group together.

It worked like a charm :D

Regards

Jehanzeb

Jehanzeb
Crystal Reports 2008
Visual Studio 2008
Informix Database

You could have set GF1b to "new page before" in the section expert.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back