Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

layers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver06

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2004
US
I know this is a common problem but I can not find the answer. Setting up web page with DW 2004 on a 17" screen with 1024x 728 res. When someone with a 15" screen views the page layers overlap onto images or other text areas.How can I make the layers stay locked?

Are you using that table thats define by percentage? if so, whats within the table will move.

<div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; left:167px; top:60px; width:278px; height:151px; z-index:1"></div>
This what I have which I believe is in pixels.
Whatever is in here will move around should I be placingg a layout cell within a layout table to solve this issue?

If your layers are inside of tables that are not absolutly positioned, the browser will resize your page, and because your layers are in absolute pixel measurements, they'll stay the same size, but their positioning might get messed up.

If that's the case, make sure your wrappers(tables, frames, yada-yada), are using absolute measurements instead of relative.

and u can simply left align your entire design, that way the layers shouldnt change...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back