Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layers to tables problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracey27

MIS
Mar 9, 2001
US
When I try to change my Layers to tables I get a message saying
"The File cannot be made compatible with 3.0 browsers, because it contains nested layers."

When I click okay, nothing happens... I'm not using 3.0 browsers... does anyone know what's going on? I'm currently trying to make my web site compatible with IE and Netscape and Netscape is being very difficult. I assume it has do do with my layers, therefore I'm trying to convert to tables...

Help! Please!
Tracey27

basically...your layers are overlapping one another and prevents it from being able to convert to tables. you can leave it as layers but then like you said it will not be compatible with all browsers...or...

you can move the layers to where they are not overlapping and convert to tables which is completely cross compatible with all browsers.

it is possible to keep your web site exactly like you want it and still not overlap layers but it requires a little more thought and preplanning. Ya' Gotta Love It!:)X-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back