Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layers broken in Netscape 6.2 & IE 5.5 XSLT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiel2001

Programmer
Nov 1, 2001
US
I'm having a major layout headache using Netscape 6.2 with XSL stylesheets. I have an example here...

The plain HTML document...

The same thing via an XML document with an XSL stylesheet...

These two "forms" works exactly the same under Internet Explorer 6.0. However, under Netscape 6.2 the HTML page works as would be expected, but, the XML version via the XSL stylesheet completely breaks the layout. Likewise, Internet Explorer 5.5 also breaks the layout -- but in a very different way.

Under Netescape 6.2 note how the layers are not in the correct locations on the screen and also note how extra vertical whitespace is inserted between the wordwrapped text in the top table.

In Internet Explorer 5.5 the emoticons appear to be hidden beneath the top table... at least they are not correctly displayed.

Can anyone explain why this is "broken" in Netscape 6 and/or Internet 5.5, or, more specifically, what I might need to do to the XSL stylesheet to fix the problem in either browser?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back