Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layers and images

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylebellamy

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
I was messing around with an idea and trying to build an entire site layout via CSS but something fairly difficult rather than column 1, 2, etc.

The basic is that I have two rectangle images standing tall on the page. They are in a div that keeps them centered. They have their own CSS to give them a little margin and keep them 50px from the top.

I wanted to add perspective shadows behind them so I made a simple png with transparency to do be the shadow. But I can't figure out how to "attach" them to the bottom of the image directly behind each rectangle. I just wanted them to have their own independent shadows.

Thanks for any ideas on how to do this.

I don't understand the image, but if you want to simply "attach" that shadow to one side of the images, you could make the shadow background of the container and use padding to position the image so that it matches the background. It shouldn't be too difficult.

[small]Do something about world cancer today: Comprehensive cancer control information at PACT[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back