Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

layers and flash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdubz

Technical User
Apr 28, 2002
hey all...
i've layered flash on flash in DW4, but if i try to layer anything else (like text or a jpeg) on top of flash it doesn't work. and the flash is in foreground and the new layer pushed to the back... no messing with the layer levels gets this working. am i missing something, or is it just not possible when using flash.

thanks in advance.

Hi,

As you suggested I am afraid flash will always be on top, there is nothing you can do about that :(

Red

Maybe you're best bet would be to layer the desired text directly into the Flash itself ... This wouldn't need to be a static solution if the text was being pulled from a file or database ... Just a thought ...

thank you red and bob... though macromedia should figure something out with this, at least i know i'm not missing something.

thanks again.
best,
jw

There's a good free extension, available from Macromedia, called 'typert', I think. It amakes text appear to be typed on to the flash movie, as you watch. It might be a good enough solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back