Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layers and Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Hi,

I would like to do the following in frontpage if possible

I have a row of 8 buttons down the left hand side of the form and i want to show text inside tables which sits inside a 8 layers which are places ontop of each other on the form. At this stage all buttons are visible and all layers are invisible by default.

Currently i am able to show each layer from a button click and when i mouseoff the button the layer that is linked to that button returns to invisible. - This is fine.

What i want to do ......

What i would like to do is embed a hyperlink in each of the texts inside each of the layers but to do this the mouseoff event makes the layer invisble.

For this to work i have to figure out how to change the property so that when i click the next button it checks to see if there are any visible layers .... and if there are hide specified layers if visibilty property is true.

I guess i need a javascript funcion ... any help would be appreciated

regards

Murray

Put the hyperlink in a span or a div and give it an id. On mouseoff, hide the span/div.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back