Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layer scale, Ruler and Math Newbie questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABoriqua

Technical User
Feb 20, 2005
US
Hello ALL:
I have been using Vectorworks for all my drafting at work for the last two years. I am now doing work for another company and need to get schooled very quickly in Autocad 2005.

I know there must be analogous tools in Auto cad but the simple ones I cant find are:

A ruler device to stretch over an object or between objects for measuring without using the dimension tool and creating a measurement on screen and in my drawing. In vectorworks you can simply click on teh ruler icon and stretch and the measurement appears in the window at thee top.

How can I choose a layer scale?

Can autocad do math for you? In an objects property box in Vectorworks If I have a line that is 15' long and I want to shrink it by 2.5' I simply type in -2.5' after the measurement ad it changes it.

I run an Exhibit fabrication company and mostly produce construction drawings for the carpenters and CNC machine. I sure could use some help
Alex

the ruler command in autocad id "dist" as in distance

what do you mean by layer scale?

have you tried to make autocad do math? I think it works.

To get the properties dialog box you should double click on the object.

Kevin Petursson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back