Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LAYER in inframe to show in Parent window

Status
Not open for further replies.

summitmedia

Programmer
May 14, 2002
GB
hi there

can anybody give me any idea how i can get a leyar to appear in the parent window from an Iframe.

I have a page with various animated layers on they display the layers in a randomly. so each time the page is loaded the page decideds which animated layer to show.

I want to include this option on a few different pages without having to stick the code on to all the pages as the code is fairly weighty.

So i want to run the layout generator page in a 1 by 1 iframe on the pages i want to add the layers too, this way the page loads as normal nice and quickly and the iframe loads the layer page and shows which ever layer it has decided on while the normal page is being loaded.

The probelm is at present the layers are appearing in the page in the iframe so can't be seen. is their any way for me to be able to tell the layers to appear in the parent window?

please help as my forehead is geting a reverse print of the keyboard!!!

cheers dean

If the layers are generated in the document contained within the iframe, they will be constrained to the dimensions of the frame.

You could use javascript to copy the layer into the parent document before displaying it.

[sub]Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world.
There's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams.
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back