Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layer freeze and thaw routine?help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbcad

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
US
i want to write a routine that will freeze and thaw layers based on a list of layers. is it possible to check the drawing if the layers exist? if the layers do not exist i want the lisp to ignore them and just freeze and thaw the layers that do exist in the drawing. i am trying to avoid the routine from generating an error.

Sounds like you may not want to use Layer manager. Script pro (Autodesk migration tools) may be more apt.

Pete.

THANKS. I WAS USING LAYER MANAGER AND WAS HAVING ISSUES. I WROTE A LISP TO DO BASICALLY THE SAME THING AS LAYER MANAGER. IN THE OFFICE WE HAVE SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KEEP UP ON THE REMOVAL AND ADDITION OF LAYERS IN OUR LAYERING STANDARD. THIS WILL MAKE MY LIFE EASIER. I HAD FORGOTTEN CAD IGNORES A LAYER COMMAND IF THE LAYER DOES NOT EXIST IN THE DRAWING. TURNED OUT VERY SIMPLE.

I need to add a portion of the layer routine that finds xref layers and freezes and thaws them. The problem I am having is how to handle the xref layers with different file names. all the xref layers have the same basic format in the names A-Wall A-FURN etc. How do i handle the layers with the file name preceding the layer name? I hope this is clear enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back