Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lawsuit and Dell integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2000
US
I was just wondering from those of you who purchase and use dell in your job... Do you think that the current state of the company (lawsuit and all) will kill dell? I wonder about where I'm going to get tech support and ink for my printers.

Let me know what you think.

-Al

Here's another overview article posted to cNet today--- it covers all their problems along with their possible Enron-like charade:
cNet article

Dell don't make printers, they are rebranded other makes as far as i'm aware. I'm sure another toner manufacturer will make replacement toners as it would be a lucritive market. I don't think Dell will go under though. I'm still buying several PCs and servers a month.

Dell printers are rebranded Lexmark units. However, there is some modifications made to the molding for the toner/ink cartridge in order to stop you putting Lexmark units in a Dell printer at about 2/3's of the cost. (in the uk at least!)

=======================================
You may think if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers think that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet!
======================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back