Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Launching Remote Desktop from an ASP Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

360degreehosting

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2006
US
Hello,

We have lots of servers that several admins have to connect to. I was wondering if there is a way that I can create an ASP page for our Intranet that would give them a way to click on a hyperlink and Launch their local Remote Desktop application and connect them to the server from the link they clicked on. Our environment is dynamic enough that servers come and go and sometimes change locations and I would like to be able to give them a list of links that they can just click on the one they want and have it start Remote Desktop and connect them to the server. Currently we are not using Web-based Terminal Server but that may change in the near future. If someone could post an example of how to connect to a web-based Terminal Server through a link too that would be great.

Regards,
Steve

You wouldn't want to actually execute Remote Desktop on the web server it wouldnt necessarily need to be an ASP script.

What I mean is, the Remote Desktop connection needs to execute on the browser machine not the web server so you could go with a static HTML page or perhaps an HTA type application.

The only thing I can image server-side script would be good for is if you needed to dynamically discover the location of the servers... as in your ASP does an LDAP query against the Active Directory and builds a list of Remote Desktop targets based on the results of the query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back