Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Launching Outlook Prompts MS Exchange Server Error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jddown

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
US
I've been attempting to get MS Outlook running, since Eudora continues to plague me with puzzling errors. However, when I launch Outlook, a Microsoft Exchange Server box pops up, informing me that I must provide the name of my Exchange server and my mailbox. This is baffling since:
a) I don't have a network connection (I use a dial-up from home), and b) I don't even think I have Microsoft Exchange on this computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can prevent this prompt from appearing? Could there be an Exchange file on my computer that I could remove to solve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Jeff

I would right click on Outlook and select Properties and select Profiles and my guess is that it will show MS Exchange Settings instead of Internet settings. If this is so you can remove that profile and select Add and then select Internet Mail. It just sounds to me like it was somehow setup for Exchange settings instead of Internet settings. I hope this helps.

In the Control Panel select the Mail icon. Select SHOW PROFILES to see if you have more than one profile created. If so remove the unwanted profile.

If there is only one profile and it is yours select Properties and review the components that are installed. More than likely the Microsoft Exchange server component is installed and this is why you are being prompted to enter the information.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back