Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Launching Outlook Prompts Microsoft Exchange Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jddown

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
US
I've been attempting to get MS Outlook running, since Eudora continues to plague me with puzzling errors. However, when I launch Outlook, a Microsoft Exchange Server box pops up, informing me that I must provide the name of my Exchange server and my mailbox. This is baffling since:
a) I don't have a network connection (I use a dial-up from home), and b) I don't even think I have Microsoft Exchange on this computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can prevent this prompt from appearing? Could there be an Exchange file on my computer that I could remove to solve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Jeff

Right-click on outlook, choose properties. In the window that pops up, highlight Microsoft Exchange Server and click remove. That will stop outlook from trying to connect to the non-existant exchange server. Marc Creviere

You can also reconfigure mail support (forget which tab). Choose Internet Only and no Corporate/Workgroup. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back